Wednesday 10 October 2012

Quick Update!

I've had my first week back as a third year! SCARY! So, I thought I would just do quick update on what I'm currently working on.

As this is our third and final year, we now have to choose what we want to do for each semester. To start us off, the tutors gave us 6 competition briefs to choose from, and if we want to, we can just work on all of these throughout the duration of semester 1. The competition I chose was the Penguin Design Awards 2013, doing the children's brief. This competition is to design a book jacket for the story 'The Wind in the Willows'. Well, I have a idea of what I want to do for it, so I have been designing characters etc. Just thought I would post some pics of what I've come up with so far:

Above: Ratty

Above: Mole

Above: Mr Toad


I'll post the final piece/final rough for this competition at a later date, when it is completed.






© Laura Stokes Illustration 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment